The Royer model R-DB20 is a phantom-powered ribbon and dynamic microphone signal booster and impedance buffer. It increases the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for professional applications, the dBooster provides two levels of clean gain boost; 12dB and 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch. The dBooster maintains headroom and gain regardless of load.
The Class A input circuitry presents a high source impedance to the microphone, which minimizes loading (damping). This reduces coloration and distortion while at the same time improving headroom.
By utilizing the 12/20dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
- Miking any low-volume sound source (acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Recording direct to a DAW interface
- Use on long cable runs to retain sound quality
- 12dB and 20dB gain stages
- High input impedance
- Low output impedance
- Rugged case construction
- Ultra-low noise performance
- Ultra-low distortion
- Wide frequency bandwidth
- Safe for use on all ribbon mics
- Increases headroom at the preamp
- Provides true electrical isolation
- Protects ribbon mics from phantom-power
- Minimizes mic loading
- Capable of driving difficult loads, such as mic splitters and vintage style preamps, without increased distortion or loss of gain
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com for more info and pricing.